Getting over a break-up
What’s the best way to get over someone?
- Accept your feelings whether it’s grief, guilt, sadness, anger or regret.
- Let your feelings out and talk to someone you trust.
- Find a stress-free place you can go that helps you to relax & chill out.
- Sometimes going for a walk, reading a book, doing some exercise, visiting a friend or going to the cinema can really help.
- Give Yourself Time: There is no specific amount of time it takes to ‘get over’ someone. It can take days, weeks or months.
Remember, everyone goes through this at some stage. It’s part of life.
For support, talk to your parents or another adult you trust. You can visit one of the services on the Support Services page. You can also call or email Childline 1800 66 66 66 or www.childline.ie